Elevate: Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & Community Wellness
Elevate is Mammoth Hospital’s Integrative Lifestyle Health and Community Wellness program providing accessible, evidence-based preventive care and lifestyle medicine in the community. As the U.S. healthcare system looks to the future and a shift from a fee-for-service, “sick model” of reimbursement to a value and outcome-based system of healthcare delivery,
Elevate provides resources toward addressing social determinants of health and root causes of chronic disease. Through accessible, interdisciplinary health education, activity classes, and social engagement, Elevate promotes prevention of injury and disease, health maintenance, and optimal whole-person wellness.
“I’ve consistently enjoyed and improved my overall wellness in Elevate classes. The Elevate program and diversity of classes are a great value and benefit to the community.”
– Elevate Community Participant
Elevate creates accessible, community lifestyle health and wellness services through:
- Cash-pay services independent of insurance authorization or reimbursement.
- Affordable pricing enabled by decreased administrative overhead and/or group format.
- Financial support and philanthropic investment from grant agencies and individual donors.
- In-person services in centralized facilities in both Bishop and Mammoth Lakes.
- On-demand videos and hybrid/virtual learning where transportation is a barrier in our rural communities.
- Collaboration and partnership with like missioned community entities and local events.
- Community events increasing awareness of Mammoth Hospital services and providers.
- Recruitment and retainment of forward thinking, community-minded healthcare professionals who will thrive and contribute to the sustenance of our local healthcare services.
Elevate has been identified in Mammoth Hospital’s strategic plan as a vital program to help address top community health needs identified through the recent Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) survey. Our goal in the next year is to raise funds to:
1) Expand live health class offerings led by health professionals in the areas of behavioral health, women’s health, exercise, and nutrition.
2) Develop and acquire culturally appropriate education materials in both English and Spanish in multimedia format available 24/7.
3) Expand and strengthen support groups for those dealing with grief and loss, cancer, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, addiction, pain, and parenting issues.
How You Can Help:
Your gift to Elevate can have a meaningful impact on moving the needle of health in a positive direction in our community through ensuring that all community members have access to lifestyle health and preventive care programs to optimize whole-person health and wellness.