CT Scanner Campaign: Ensuring Patient Safety with State-of-the-Art CT Scanner
Mammoth Hospital’s vision is to provide the premier experience in health, wellness and integrated care for the communities of the Eastern Sierra and beyond. With the purchase of the state-of-the-art Canon Aquilion CT scanner, we can ensure we are able to maintain advanced, local medical care for everyone in our rural area.
What Is The Need?
The CT, or Computed Tomography scanner, is at the core of the Emergency Physicians’ diagnostic tool belt. By imaging the patient’s body into thin slices, a CT allows a physician to see damage to tissue, pathology, or identify the source of unknown pain or injury quickly and accurately. The correct diagnosis may mean saving the life of the patient.
Mammoth Hospital’s current CT is near the end of its life and needs regular repairs. Acquiring the Canon Aquilion CT will greatly enhance our speed and accuracy in emergency care and provide extremely high-quality imaging, eliminating the need for patients to travel out of Mammoth Lakes for this service.
“The CT scanner is unquestionably the most important resource to Mammoth Hospital outside of our physicians and staff. Your gift to this project is a powerful upstream investment in maintaining the excellent level of local medical care at Mammoth Hospital.”- Kyle Howell, MD, Emergency Medicine
This CT will ensure that:
- Trauma patients can be quickly diagnosed and treated to save their lives.
- Fatal conditions such as aortic aneurysm can be identified and monitored.
- The sources of abdomen and pelvic pain can be quickly identified.
- CT angiography studies, showing head injuries and strokes, will be in front of our radiologist for interpretation 20-30 minutes faster.
- Kidney stone and appendicitis patients can be quickly diagnosed and treated.
- Cancer patients will be diagnosed with their cancer stage, informing their treatment.
- This CT can perform calcium score tests alerting patients to the danger of heart disease.
- Lung disease patients can be screened with a high-resolution chest CT, and patients with lung clots can be quickly and non-invasively diagnosed.
How You Can Help:
The new CT is a necessity to ensure lifesaving care at Mammoth Hospital. But we can’t pay for the project without your help. Because of uncertainty in the U.S. health care industry, hospitals are facing unprecedented financial pressure. Reimbursement rates have shrunk and many patients simply don’t have adequate insurance. Your gift to this project is a powerful upstream investment in maintaining the excellent level of local medical care at Mammoth Hospital. Your generosity can be instrumental in saving your own life, the live of a loved one, or a fellow community member.