EXPLORE CAREERS AT MAMMOTH HOSPITAL
See why our employees love working at Mammoth Hospital in the video above.
We take our work and our play really seriously. We live in the mountains so we can enjoy the great outdoors but our careers at Mammoth Hospital make it possible for us to build a life here and be contributing members of our community. We actively invest in our staff’s future through our excellent retirement matching program (30%!) and through our diverse career growth and internal training programs. We want to hire people who want to grow their careers. Whether it be a Medical Assistant that wants to learn how to be a Surgical Technician in the Operating Room or a medical records clerk who wants to learn how to be a Pharmacy Technician. We are constantly finding ways to help our staff expand their knowledge all while providing a generous PTO accrual.
Your Wellbeing Matters To Us
- Family Support with Little Lupins Preschool for ages 2-6. We opened this preschool in 2022 to help support our working parents. The hospital and our Foundation subsidize the cost of care to make it affordable for all of our staff. When you are at work, we want you to know that your little ones are cared for and having a blast so you can focus on your patients.
- Care for the Caregiver program ensures our front line staff have a space to be cared for after experiencing a traumatic or stressful event at work.
- Employee Assistance Program is an anonymous, free mental health counseling service for employees and their families. If an employee needs more support than we can provide via the Care for the Caregiver then they are referred to our EAP. Employees can also utilize this service for personal related reasons. We know that life happens and we want to be there to support you.
- Generous Paid Time Off. Employees start by accruing up to 5 weeks PTO. Healthcare can be a stressful field to work in. We want you to have ample time off to play in the wilderness or just hang with your family and recharge.
- Remote Work Options. Although most of our jobs are on-site, we want to retain flexible options for our non-clinical staff positions who do have the ability to work remotely.
- ELEVATE is our community wellness program and is free for employees. Our staff participate in teaching these classes as a way to give back to our patients in a different way outside of the clinical setting. Mammoth Hospital staff lead yoga classes, grief and MS support groups, emotional wellbeing workshops and more. Employees of Mammoth Hospital also get free access to a variety of amazing programming such as Weight Management Workshop, Meditation classes, Tai Chi, and more!”
- Keep your body fit with our local Health Club, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area (RNs only) & Sporting Events Discounts.
- Flexible Work Schedules so you can find time to get after it on the mountain or the many trails surrounding Mammoth Lakes.
- Major Medical/Sick Time
Planning For Your Future
- 403(b) with 30% Employer Match. Your future matters to us. Our staff give so much to this organization and this is the Hospital’s way of giving back.
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Personal Financial Planning through our local financial planning representative
- Tuition and Education Assistance up to $5,000/year depending on the number of applicants.
- Professional development opportunities can be full or partially paid for. We want you to further your education in your field!
- Interested in a new career? We have internal Development Programs (examples include):
- Surgical Technician
- Operating Room Nurse
- Limited X-Ray Technician
- Preschool Teacher
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Already in a student program and need a place to do your hands-on work? We support a variety of student programs so all you have to do is ask. We love seeing people trying to further their careers in healthcare.
Other Cool Perks
- Bundled insurance plan with low out of pocket costs & deductible:
- Prescription Drug
- Life Insurance
- Disability benefits through SDI and Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Success Sharing
- The Employee Success Sharing Plan provides lump-sum financial awards to eligible participants. Award determination is based on annually reaching key objectives so when we all work hard, we share in the rewards! Each objective is tied to measures deemed significant in evaluating company performance and results.
- Tenure Awards
- We want to treat you well so you love us and want to stick around! Full and Part time employees receive a cash award every five years!
- Discounted Employee Cafeteria
- We don’t want to brag but we’ve got a great cafeteria! Our meals range from $3-$5 making us the most affordable option in Mammoth Lakes!