Daisy Award: Nominate a Nurse
The DAISY Award is an international program that honors exceptional nurses for their hard work, dedication, and the difference they make in their patients life. Mammoth Hospital is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor annually. We encourage you to nominate a nurse from the Hospital, the Clinic, or both using the form below. And consider a gift to the Mammoth Hospital Foundation in honor of a nurse.
When reviewing each story, the selection committee may look at how nurses:
- Recognized obvious and subtle needs of patients or their loved ones.
- Eased pain and offered hope in ways that were meaningful to patients or their loved ones.
- Mobilized resources to assist patients and loved ones in their time of need.
- Goes above and beyond to care for the needs of the patient and family
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process
- Creates an environment that fosters care and compassion to meet the goals of patients and their families.
- Personalizes the patient care to meet superior experience of care for patients and their families.
- Makes a special connection with the patient and/or his/her family
- Exhibiting extraordinary compassion and kindness to patients and their families every day as an essential part of the healing process.
- Communicating in a calm, focused and caring way when patients and families may be experiencing the most difficult situation of their lives.
- Going above and beyond what is expected of nurses – even volunteering personal time and resources to assist patient’s children, indigent patients and families who are desperate.
- Recognize nurses who consistently exceed expectations in their approach to patient care
View our previous winners and their nominations below.