Patient Family Advisory Council
Mammoth Hospital has embraced Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) as a part of our philosophy “Patients First!” Our Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC). Steering Committee and Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) are now well established in their second year and continue to foster a compelling culture change throughout the facility. The actions of these teams reflect our belief that involving patients and families as full participants in their care is essential to the design and delivery of optimal service with the goal of promoting quality, safety, and satisfaction.
Philosophy and Vision
By creating partnerships across the continuum of care, patients, families and health care providers team together. The success of this work is evidenced by studies that show that the experience of care as perceived by the patient and family is key to improving clinical outcomes, reducing errors, reducing cost, improving patient satisfaction, and strengthening staff satisfaction.
Mammoth Hospital will first and foremost value the perspective of the patients and families we serve. The Patient and Family Advisory Council is the conduit to gain a deeper understanding of the patient experience. This educated insight will be embraced as a valued partnership with our patients for the implementation of innovative programs to improve the quality and safety of healthcare throughout our hospital.
Is being a patient and family advisor right for you?
Being a patient and family advisor may be a good match with your skills and experiences if you can:
- Speak up and share suggestions and potential solutions to help improve hospital care for others
- Talk about your experiences as a patient or family member – but also think beyond your own personal experiences
- Talk about both positive and negative care experiences and share your thoughts on what went well and how things could have been done differently
- Work with people who may be different than you
- Listen to and think about what others say, even when you disagree
- Bring a positive attitude to discussions
- Keep any information you may hear as an advisor private and confidential
For more information on this program, please call Adrienne Burns, RN at (760) 924-4116 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us! Together we can work to make our hospital the best it can be!