The Shadowing Program
Mammoth Hospital offers students or those interested in starting a medical career the opportunity to shadow. The Shadowing program is available on a case-by-case basis as approved by Human Resources and the department manager. Participants must be at least age 16 year of older and provide the documentation required below.
If approved, shadowing is limited to maximum of three days and is entirely observational; there is no hands-on patient contact. Shadowing is intended to expose interested parties to day-to-day activities in a department, it does not count for degree requirements or volunteer hours. Please do not make inquiries about shadowing more than two months in advance of the time you are interested in shadowing. In order to shadow at Mammoth Hospital you must:
- Provide proof of a negative TB skin test or Quantiferon blood test within the last 6 months from the date you wish to shadow
- Provide proof you have received a recent flu shot
- Complete the packet linked here
- Send all three items to Human Resources at email@example.com a minimum of two weeks prior (but no more than two months prior) to the time you are interested in shadowing.
- Use the subject line “Shadowing Program”
- Indicate in the email the top three departments you would like to shadow
For any questions regarding Mammoth Hospital’s Shadowing Program, please call our Human Resources department at (760) 924-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.